We have often heard the term cholesterol in our day today conversations. Doctors also suggest patients to check their cholesterol level. But most of the people fail to understand the role of cholesterol in their body. Did you know 80% of our body’s cholesterol is produced by the liver and rest come from the diet? Cholesterol is naturally formed by the body despite being a chemical compound it serves as a building block for the cell membranes too. Dietary cholesterol often comes from fish, meat, poultry and dairy products. It is said that organ meats usually contain high level of cholesterol content, while foods having plant origin do not contain any cholesterol content in it. All the dietary meat obtained from meal is absorbed from the intestine and stored in the liver. The regulation of cholesterol level in the blood stream is done by the liver, as and when required. Cholesterol is secreted in the body as and when needed. There are two types of cholesterol in our body LDL and HDL. Through LDL or “Bad” cholesterol there remains the risk of coronary heart disease. HDL on the other hand can be described as “good cholesterol”. Fats can be classified as saturated and non-saturated. Meat and dairy products have the capability of having saturated fats in them and are able to raise blood cholesterol levels. Some vegetable oils made from palm, coconut and coca are rich in saturated fats.

Recently, a current report published in the Journal Lancet analyzed 13 different studies about satin drugs. It was revealed that popular cholesterol drugs like crestor and Lipiton possess the risk of developing diabetes. The research was done on 90,000 patients. The report has highlighted the seriousness of the side effects which doctors and researchers came to know only recently. The study revealed out of 1000 patients, who take satin drug for a year often develop diabetes while five other suffer from heart attack and death. One of the cardiologists Chris Cannon from Women’s Hospital in Boston suggested that during the course of the therapy, patients should be in strict observation by a specialist who is taking Satin drug regularly. Irrespective of being touted as life savings drugs Satin may cause serious negative side effects like diarrhea, nausea and irritability. It can also damage kidney and liver through its side effects.

Did you know if a patient is unable to control the high cholesterol level it can lead to building up of plaque around arteries, thus causing narrowing of walls which can boost heart attack and strokes in a patient? If a patient has been diagnosed with higher cholesterol level there are a few tips around through which he/she can control the cholesterol level. It is suggested to maintain a healthy weight. You can also start exercise, for this walk for 10 to 15 minutes daily for the first week and add five minutes daily so that you can reach until you walk for 45 to 60 minutes mostly.

Herbal Supplements:

Cholestrex
Healthy Cholesterol Tonic

Herbspro.com, founded in 2004, is a leading direct-to-consumer online retailer with over 10000 products in vitamin, mineral, herbal, diet and natural cosmetic products. Herbspro.com takes pride in being able to offer these top brand products at a highly affordable price. Herbspro currently distributes products from over 1000 nationally renowned manufacturers.

About HerbsProBlog.com

8 Responses to Popular cholesterol drugs like Crestor and Lipitor found to have risk of developing diabetes.

1. Melissa T September 14, 2013 at 7:37 pm #

Proper healthy diet and regular exercise is the only way to maintain cholesterol.

2. Jennifer Norris September 16, 2013 at 8:26 am #

I just found this blog and have high hopes for it to continue. Keep up the great work, its hard to find good ones. I have added it to my favorites. Thank You.

3. Thomas Anderson September 22, 2013 at 2:24 pm #

This blog post is an eye opener. I suffer from cholesterol problems and consume one of these drugs on the prescription of my doctor. I did not know it could lead to a deadly problem like diabetes. Thanks for letting us know.

4. Liam November 26, 2014 at 2:30 pm #

As stated in the third sentence of this article, “most of the people fail to understand the role of cholesterol in their body” making us all unaware on the possible dangers it could cause us. I used to work for a fast food chain company about a year ago, naturally, the meals I ate were provided by our store for free. In that case, I basically eat fast food at least five times in a week making me unconscious of the possible health threats that may occur to me. That’s why I was somehow not surprised to know during our annual check-up that my cholesterol levels are slightly beyond normal. Since then, my doctor advised me to take Source Naturals’ Cholestrex, I’ve taken it for the prescribed period of time and after coming back to my doctor for a follow-up, he noticed a significant decrease in my cholesterol level bringing it back to its normal range. I consider this a life-saver!

5. Chris November 26, 2014 at 2:31 pm #

Dengue fever in my opinion, is very unpredictable. It really depends if the person’s immune system can fight it or not. Some people survive while some, unfortunately do not. My boyfriend survived from dengue fever twice! This is a type of sickness that comes back and can be fatal. Even though there is no special treatment yet for dengue fever, it is a huge relief that there are herbal medicines to improve the immune system to prevent a person from getting dengue fever. It would not hurt to take supplements daily such as the Mushroom Immune Defense, to strengthen our immune system to prevent ourselves not just from getting dengue but from any other sickness as well.

6. Wynona R. November 26, 2014 at 2:33 pm #

Diabetes is a huge problem in our family. Two of my aunts and an uncle already have one. Although it is already a bit predictable since they really do not have such a good lifestyle to begin with; it was only a matter of time when it’ll eventually come. It is really hard to avoid it without proper exercise and diet because obesity can lead to diabetes. My mom’s so great because she’s such a nitpicky with the foods that we eat inside the house. We rarely have processed food and the sweet stuff that most people enjoy – sad but then I can get it outside the house. It is good to know that these drugs increase the risk of having diabetes.

7. Kimberly November 26, 2014 at 2:33 pm #

Great post! I think I should be sending this link over to my relatives so that they could be aware of this. My grandfather suffered both from increased cholesterol levels and diabetes which caused some complications which unfortunately put him in a dangerous health condition. It has been sometimes said through research that diabetes could be hereditary that’s why almost all of us are taking precautions on how to avoid it as much as possible. My older brother once had a high cholesterol level but fortunately he was able to control it through proper diet and through medications. Since then, it became a warning for all of us to watch over our health seriously.

8. Katherine May 12, 2016 at 8:56 pm #

You can always tell an expert! Thanks for coitributnng.