Best Supplements For Cold and Flu

This is the time of year that everyone is seems to be getting sick with a cold or the flu. It is possible to use cold and flu supplements to lessen the duration and severity of the cold or flu. One very commonly used natural cold and flu remedy is vitamin C. Vitamin C is shown to help boost the immune system and reduce the duration of a cold.

Echinacea is used to help reduce the length and severity of a cold by 10% to 30%. This herb can be used in conjunction with garlic to help with colds and flu.

Many people like to use zinc; it is a very popular in mitigating the effects of a cold. Zinc appears to prevent colds, but only in people who have been taking it over a course of 5 months. One can find many different form of zinc, such as lozenges and supplements.

One other commonly used Natural cold and flu remedy is elderberry. Elderberry is an herb that helps to boost the production of certain immune cells. They also seem to help block a virus from spreading; this shortens the symptoms of the flu.

Garlic is an herb that is used as a natural cold and flu remedy. Garlic seems to stimulate the immune system. It helps the body to fight viruses and it may help to lower a person’s risk of getting a cold.

Ginseng is also good for colds and the flu, it seems to boost the immune system and helps to prevent or treat colds and the flu. It has been shown to help reduce the duration and severity of symptoms as well.

More herbs for cold and flu are thyme, and licorice root. Thyme can be used dry or as an essential oil. It works as an expectorant; this makes a cough more productive getting the lungs clear faster so that can one can get better faster. Thyme can be used an herbal tea by boiling 2 teaspoons of fresh thyme in a cup of boiling hot water for 10 minutes. It can also be used by inhaling the steam from boiling thyme; this will help to loosen mucus in the chest.

Licorice root is also used as an expectorant, and can be used to fight off the flu. When it comes to natural cold and flu remedies the options are many. They can be effective for cold and flu in children also.

Larix, 3 oz 12 OZ
Larix 100 Tabs
Lomatium Osha Throat Spray

9 Responses to Best Supplements For Cold and Flu

1. Richard Davis December 12, 2013 at 7:19 pm #

Cold and flu are the most common diseases and one cannot keep on having tablets all the time. These supplements seem promising. My immunity is very low and this post will surely help me.

2. Charles Wilson December 12, 2013 at 7:24 pm #

I am a strong believer in home remedies. My grandmother believed in them and that’s how I have come to trust them. Great post brother. Keep up the good work.

3. web site December 17, 2013 at 9:36 am #

I always used to study piece of writing in news papers but now as
    I am a user of internet therefore from now I am using net for articles, thanks to web.

4. Carl December 19, 2013 at 1:02 pm #

Hi there, I enjoy reading alll of yor article. I wanted to write a little comment
    to support you.

5. Samuel October 20, 2014 at 5:46 pm #

Great info! Having a cold sucks its good to know there are some shield’s out there that are working and can help lessen the blow when it hits home. Thanks for the info.

6. Nikki December 10, 2014 at 9:33 am #

Now that more and more people are turning away from the over-the-counter medicines, many are eager to find a natural remedy for cold and flu, which season is, unfortunately inevitable. People are trying to find something else that will work without side effects. Fortunately, I found a brand that I can trust. Herbspro supplements for cold and flu is the answer to our question. It’s everything we ever needed to fight cold and flu. No side effects, affordable, and natural! It costs less than modern scientific medicines that makes us even more sick. It contains everything our body needs to protect ourselves from cold and flu. This is the best herbal supplement for me!

7. Mike December 10, 2014 at 9:33 am #

The common cold, including chest cold and head cold, and seasonal flu are caused by viruses. You may use over-the-counter cold medications to relieve symptoms including sore throat, runny nose, congestion, and cough. While others believe that natural treatment is safer and better for cold and flu like blowing your nose regularly when you have a cold, treating stuffy nose with warm salt water and staying warm and rested. You may not be able to avoid seasonal colds and flu, but there are lots of ways to make it easier on your body. You couldn’t recognize quickly that something is going through your system. Cold and flu are viral infections of the respiratory system. Both viruses spread from person to person. This may be prevented by washing our hands often and avoiding close contact with anyone with a cold or the flu. Drinking lots of fluids is also important to stay hydrated and loosen mucus. Also, taking cold and flu supplement is necessary to be free from viruses.

8. Editha Alvarez December 22, 2014 at 8:16 am #

Nowadays diseases are evolving faster each day, the news about influenza. Known more commonly as the flu, it’s a respiratory illness. Everybody was paranoid of this news. People had fled to local pharmacy’s to hoard medicine for cold and flu’s. I’m a natural medicine advocate, I search online to look for natural medicine my family and i can use to strengthen our immune system. And this supplement best suited my family. Even today we still continue to use this supplement for daily basis. We notice that our children’s were never getting sick since they started to take this supplement. It really work’s for my family. I’m happy to found and use this product. It really improves our immune system.

9. Ken February 4, 2015 at 11:59 pm #

Great article! For me, flu is more tolerable than colds. I TOTALLY agree with Samuel that cold sucks, BIG TIME! Once you catch a cold, everything seems to go down the drain and nothing is left in your immune system. It is definitely the worst of all the illnesses that I can get during the year since it invites almost every type of common sickness there is like cough, fever, headache, sore throat and congestion. The worst part is when you need to go to work or school despite having colds but makes you too distracted to focus. Good to know these other alternatives aside from the usual lemon juice.